English is the medium of instruction for all subjects while Putonghua is used for Chinese and Moral Education.
Experienced and professionally trained teachers at YYPS design their own school-based curriculum. The teaching progression of all of our subjects is built around a set of corresponding topics in a theme-based curriculum.
Another unique feature in our curriculum is our co-teaching system. For many of our subjects, two teachers teach collaboratively in the classroom. With the co-teaching system, we can better tend to the individual learning needs of our students.
- Developed and delivered by our qualified teaching team, our school-based curriculum is student-centered. The interactive and engaging nature of our curriculum inspires our students to be creative, inquisitive, expressive and enthusiastic for learning.
- The teaching progression for all of our subjects are built around a set of corresponding topics in our theme-based curriculum. The interconnectedness across different learning areas strengthens our students’ vocabulary and understanding of the subject content.
- Two teachers teach collaboratively in many of our subjects. With our co-teaching system, we have a lot more options when it comes to designing effective and fun learning processes that better tend to the individual learning needs of our students.
- At YYPS, learning is fun! Enjoyable learning experiences inspire our students to be creative, inquisitive and enthusiastic for learning.
- Communication and the ability to express oneself is a priority. Be it Language Arts, Mathematics or Music, students are always encouraged to share and present their ideas in English and Putonghua (Cantonese may be practiced in some Extracurricular activities).
- Together with educational institutions overseas, we co-organize exchange programs and courses for our students. These international learning opportunities broaden our students’ horizons and foster independence.
|No. of Classes||No. of Students||P1||4||132|
TWO teachers teach collaboratively in most lessons. The teacher-student ratio in those lessons is around 1:16.
BRING YOUR OWN DEVICE (BYOD)
To fully explore and develop the potentials of higher ability students systematically and strategically by providing them with opportunities to receive education at appropriate levels in a flexible teaching and learning environment. Our school develops school-based Enhancement Programmes in Chinese, English, Math and STEM, to cater the educational needs of higher ability students, enrich their knowledge in a specific subject area and develop their thinking and creativity.
Information technology in education is key to enhancing learning and teaching in the 21st century. E-learning has become even more essential as distance learning has become imperative in light of the pandemic. Our teachers are well-versed in using a variety of technology to complement our lessons in both face-to-face and distance learning settings. Our students learn the necessary skills and processes to effectively utilize these E-Learning platforms and applications as well. E-learning at YYPS is further supported by our hardware including the 300 tablets, laptops and interactive whiteboards we have available for our students and teachers.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)